Modesty and a Home Visit

Louci and Taina (two of the young teenage girls that always come by our house) are fighting. They were best friends and now they won't talk to each other. When I asked Louci why, she told me that it was because Taina scolded her because her clothing was immodest.

I am sad that they aren't talking, and sad that Louci couldn't just admit when she was wrong, but so proud that one of our teens could recognize immodesty and have the courage to call out one of her friends.

That is the kind of accountability we need in the world.

Today we also went to visit a family member of one of our teens. The family member, Silvina, is old, sleeping on the floor on a thin mat, and hasn't been able to walk for a month and a half. We visited and prayed with her. While I know that doesn't fix everything, I am hopeful for the impact it could have to bring the love of Christ to someone in need.

To be honest, I am exhausted lately because things like this happen every day. My life has certainly not been boring. However, I an thankful for the sense of meaning and purpose that I feel and for the privilege to be tired for the Gospel. I am very blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does it Mean to Give?

From Naivete to Growth

Under the Shade of the Almond Tree