4 Misconceptions of Being a Mission Partner


1. "A mission partner is the same thing as a donor or benefactor." False! A mission partner is really a partner for the mission. I need partners because I cannot go on mission by myself. This means a mission partner believes in the mission of "Leading Teens Closer to Christ", specifically in Haiti. I don't want mission partners who don't really care about what's happening in the mission and don't really want to support it. I want mission partners who love the mission, care about it, pray for it, and are invested more with their hearts than their pockets.

2. "Mission partners just give financial support." FALSE! It is my hope that all mission partners are also prayer partners. Some mission partners are also prayer partners who don't give donations. These are often my favorite mission partners because I know they are making real sacrifices for me. I have had mission partners who take cold showers as a sacrifice, give up drinking coke or coffee, pray a weekly rosary, set an alarm to pray for me at a specific time of day every day, or even pray for me at night before bed with their whole family. These are huge blessings to me, and actually more important than any donation given.

3. "Mission Partners must have lots of money." This is not true. I have many, many mission partners who make big sacrifices each month to be a mission partner. Some are growing families where only one parent is working and some are even college students. I am super blessed when I know that a mission partner is making a sacrifice to support me. It reminds me that I am never on mission alone, and that I am not the only one making sacrifices for this mission.

4. "I just make a donation and that's it." Actually, I have some commitments I make to you too! I commit to praying for you. I commit to keeping you updated on how the mission is going, through emails and blogs. You may even get a little something in the mail every once in a while. It's more like we enter into a committed relationship, based on Christ. We are building up the Church together!

Thank you for the support that all of you give me. I could not be a missionary without you. I hope that you feel that you are really on mission WITH me here in Haiti! Thank you especially for the graces that God gives me through your prayers!

To become a mission partner, please donate here. Donations made before December 8th will receive a special gift: http://donate.lifeteen.com/saravasile/

To find out more info or to make a prayer commitment, please email me: saravasile@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does it Mean to Give?

From Naivete to Growth

Under the Shade of the Almond Tree